- To estimate the prevalence of acute malnutrition in children from 6 to 59 months of age in Binga district.
- To assess the changes in nutrition status of the community since the beginning of the harvest period - February 2002
- To estimate the current measles vaccination coverage in children aged 9 to 59 months.
- To assess the underlying causes of malnutrition.
- To assess morbidity in children aged 6 to 59 months.
- To make recommendations to Save the Children (UK) and other relevant actors on strategies and measures to improve the situation where found necessary.