The objectives of this survey were to:
The final purpose of the study was to enable FOST to develop a suitable programme strategy to address the needs of child headed households in commercial farm communities in Zimbabwe and develop a proposal for a project to implement the programme.
- Gain an insight into the lives of children living in child headed households on commercial farms
- Identify the actual and perceived needs of child headed households from the perspectives of all stakeholders
- Find out what support mechanisms are already in place and identify the gaps
- Explore ways of filling the gaps in a realistic and sustainable way
- Discover how best to create an enabling environment for child headed households.
- Explore how FOST can best facilitate this environment