We would like to thank all those whose insights, questions, comments and contributions helped finalise this report. In particular:
- Professor John Wright of the Department of Historical Studies at the University of Natal (Pietermaritzburg) for help on the history section
- Those resource people within the land and development sector (from non-governmental organisations, independent consultancies and government departments) who patiently answered questions
- Staff of the Association for Rural Advancement (AFRA) who worked closely with the author throughout the research and writing process
- Glenda Cain and the Independent Projects Trust (IPT) for permission to use their soon-to-be-released report on traditional leaders in KwaZulu-Natal вЂ“ itself the product of a 2 year research process, the IPT report is an important resource document drawing on an extensive range of literature, interviews, focus groups and so on which we were able to access in our work
- David Hallowes of Critical Resource for many hours of discussion, debate and editing through the process.